1. At some point in your mid twenties you will expand from a US size 4 to a US size 6. You’re not exactly sure how US sizes convert to UK sizes because it varies depending on which website you check. Either way, the sad truth is that you’re simultaneously too fat and too thin, and it’s only going to get worse whichever direction it changes in. Stop eating cupcakes and judging yourself at the same time.
2. You’re still worrying about how much you weigh? Aren’t you over it by now?! Just accept yourself and be who you are because no one else is going to do it for you. Or with you. Because it’s got boring. You’re so self-obsessed.
3. Your one task this week has been to find the exact length of skirt that says you’re cool, liberated and comfortable with your sexuality, without it being slutty, desperate and embarrassing. You think you’ve cracked it, but don’t put on any weight otherwise it’ll ride up.
4. You like to think you have lots of friends but actually they live in loads of different cities and have subtly changed since you last saw them in ways that make you completely unrelateable and now they don’t get your jokes any more. That’s fine, it’s all part of growing up.
5. Your boyfriend’s not exactly right for you or you don’t have one. Either way we’re all in the same boat, alone.
6. The internet is meant to be an enormous ball of freedom bouncing through the airwaves of a global community, but the non-porn fragment of it seems to be mostly lists of stuff you should never do or stuff you should already have done but don’t feel bad if you didn’t, honestly, because I spewed right after and it was totally worth it but that’s just not the kind of thing we should be doing at this stage in our lives anymore. Whoops.
7. It’s okay to let go sometimes, but not all the time. It’s fine to be cute, but don’t shit in public. Otherwise everyone will roll their eyes and go ‘okaaaaaay then!’ like it’s the nineties or something.
8. Your job is badly paid but at least you’re doing what you love. OH WAIT. Naw don’t sweat it, everyone’s unhappy. Learn to find that consoling.
9. You’re too old for your post-ironic sense of humour but too young to descend into dad jokes. You’re struggling to find a personality that will tide you over for the next 10 years, until you can just slip on a pair or cords, get amicably tipsy and dance with excessive use of your hips, and that’ll be your regular source of muted hilarity. No one will even want to LOL anymore. The future is such a safe haven.
10. Your life isn’t what you thought it would be, why did you spend so much time thinking about what you thought it would be? You could have been high. Get high!
11. Stop thinking about your life, just live it, thoughtlessly. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from what little time I’ve had, it’s don’t look back. The past is an abyss of closed possibility. Take it from me, I’m experienced.
12. Anyway, no one said you had to have kids anytime soon. Your boyfriend wants to travel and it would be wrong to use your cutesy wiles to make him not want to anymore. He’s his own person.
13. Everyone thinks they’re talented.
14. Look I’m not saying anything about you that you didn’t think already, otherwise why would you even care? Stop projecting, because that’s what the popular girls did in school. You faked that last orgasm.